Why carry out utility surveys?
- Health and safety guidance published in the UK recommends checking for underground services prior to undertaking any ground works.
- To meet the company's obligations under CDM regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act to ensure the safety of site staff.
- To limit the chances of incurring unexpected project costs due to standing time during construction.
- To limit the chances of potentially costly litigation from third parties.
- To provide additional valuable information on other unrecorded in-ground obstructions and hazards such as underground storage tanks, foundations and basements.